Welcome to Scandi Standard. We want to inspire you to choose chicken: a good, healthy and climate friendly choice, which is ideal for today’s consumers. We sell the finest Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and Irish chicken under the Kronfågel, Danpo, Den stolte Hane, Naapurin Maalaiskana brands och Manor Farm. We are the leading chicken producer in the Nordic region, serving the domestic and export markets.
In June 2013, we created the Nordic region's market-leading chickenbased product group when Scandi Standard was established. The Company was created by gathering the largest poultry operations in the region into one collective group. At present, the Group has an annual turnover of approximately SEK 8, 7 billion(Q3, 2018) and around 3 000 employees.
Chicken has a promising future. We see a stable long term underlying structural growth in the chicken market as a result of a number of factors. Chicken is one of the most affordable sources of protein available today, with health and climate benefits in comparison with beef and pork. We see an increased health conciousness, with consumers demanding more white meat, but they are also showing an increased preference for locally produced fresh chicken. There are also environmental benefits in terms of energy consumption in production and emissions of greenhouse gases that also support affordable products in line with consumers demand. Scandi Standard is well positioned to capitalize on this market growth with our leading position.
Short about Scandi Standard:
- We are the leading producer of chicken-based food products in the Nordic region and Irland.
- Strong brands in Kronfågel, Danpo, Den Stolte Hane, Naapurin Maalaiskana and Manor Farm.
- Operations with roots that can be tracked back to the 1950s.
- Approximately SEK 8,7 billion in annual revenue (Q3 2018).
- Approximately 3,000 employees.
- Seven main facilities: Valla in Sweden, Aars and Farre in Denmark, Jæren and Stokke in Norway, Lieto in Finland and Shercock in County Cavan, Ireland.
- Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.